This is one of those kitchen sink dishes. You can throw almost any root veggies in here and it will be just as delicious. This version calls for sweet potato, but I have also used carrots, parsnips and beets; basically whatever is on hand. Additionally, I used broccoli raab, but florets would be great as well. You could even try brussel sprouts! An easy 1 dish meal that will feed the whole family.
- 1/2 lb broccoli raab, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut in bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Rinse and dry chicken thighs and place into casserole dish with broccoli and sweet potato.
- Coat with olive oil and sprinkle spices on top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165.
- Remove from oven, squeeze lemon over dish, serve and enjoy!
We ate this with an amazing spinach, feta, green apple, walnut and red onion salad with a simple vinaigrette dressing. You could also serve with rice pilaf to bulk it up a bit.