Home > Tobacco Seeds > Bright Leaf Tobacco Types

Bright Leaf Tobacco Types

"Bright Leafs: The most common use is in cigarettes, especially American cigarettes. The second most common use would be in a pipe, either sttobacco seedsraight or in a blend.

Bright Leafs tend to be mild in flavor and low to medium in nicotine. The Virginia Gold types of Bright Leafs are very mild and would be best for an ulta-light cigarette. Very mild flavor and low nic at .5 to 1.5%. Other BL's have a little more flavor and nicotine ranging up to 3%.  Bright Leafs make up from 50% to 75% of most American cigarette blends. Burleys (or occasionally Marylands) make up the next highest percentage of a blend at 20-40% and Orientals make up the rest. My personal blends are usually 60% Bright Leaf, 25% Burley and 15% Oriental."

"Brightleaf tobacco is commonly known as "Virginia tobacco", regardless of where in the world it is harvested. Prior to the American Civil War, most tobacco grown in the US was fire-cured dark-leaf. This type of tobacco was planted in fertile lowlands, used a robust variety of leaf, and was either fire cured or air cured.

Sometime after the War of 1812, demand for a milder, lighter, more aromatic tobacco arose. Ohio, Pennsylvania and Maryland all innovated quite a bit with milder varieties of the tobacco plant. Farmers around the country experimented with different curing processes. But the breakthrough did not come until around 1839."  Source: Wikipedia

Dukat Crimean Tobacco

Our price: $2.25
Market price: $4.75
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

American 14 Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $5.89
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Bamboo Shoot Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $5.99
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Banana Leaf Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $6.29
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Big Gem Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $6.29
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Bucak Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $5.75
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Cherry Red Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $6.49
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Costello Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $6.49
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Crimean Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $5.75
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Gold Leaf Orinoco Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $5.49
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Golden Wilt Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $6.29
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Helena Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $6.19
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Hickory Pryor Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $6.49
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Italian Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $5.75
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Kentucky 17 Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $6.29
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Oxford 207 Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $6.29
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Paris Wrapper Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $5.99
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Reams 158 Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $6.29
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Silk Leaf Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $4.95
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Sobolchskii 193 Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $5.99
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Southern Beauty Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $2.99
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Spectrum Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $5.99
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Stolac 17 Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $5.99
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Symbol 4 Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $5.99
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Thailand Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $5.99
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Vesta 64 Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $2.99
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Virginia 116 Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $6.25
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

White Mammoth Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $4.95
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Yellow Leaf Tobacco

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $4.99
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Yellow Oronoko Tobacco Seed

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $3.49
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Yellow Pryor Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $2.99
Market price: $6.29
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

American 572 Tobacco

Our price: $3.25
Market price: $5.89
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

Delgold Tobacco

Our price: $3.49
Market price: $8.99
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist

African Red Tobacco Seeds

Our price: $4.25
Market price: $5.99
Sign in to rate
Quantity
add to wishlist