Seed Planting Depth
Seeds per ounce
Days to Germination
100' Row Yield
Planting Tips for Organic Heirloom Pumpkins:
Most pumpkins, even the smaller organic heirloom pumpkins like Small Sugar, need a lot of room to grow. Plant in hills to allow for the most space once the soil warms to 65-70°. Plant 3-6 heirloom seeds per hill and later thin them back to the strongest 3 seedlings.
Pumpkins, especially some of these heirloom organic pumpkins like the Atlantic Giant, can get really big with a lot of manure. If you want to grow a giant don't hold back.
Organic Heirloom seeds are hardy but always take care with your garden seeds to give them the appropriate amount of moisture - not letting the vegetable seeds dry out prematurely or overwatering and possibly having them rot.
2 cups pumpkin (canned or puree)
1 1/4 cups half and half
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
9 inch pie crust round
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place pie crust dough round into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim edges to extend about a 1/2-inch over the rim of the pan. Fold edges under, and press to seal. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
3. Cut a large circle of parchment; fit into the pie shell, extending above edges. Fill the shell with pie weights or dried beans.
4. Bake pie shell 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove weights and parchment; bake 10 to 15 minutes more until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Place pumpkin in a large bowl.
6. In a separate bowl, beat eggs well. Beat in half and half, vanilla extract, brown sugar, salt, and spices until thoroughly blended. Add in the pumpkin mixture, mix well.
7. Pour pumpkin mixture into pie shell and place in center oven rack . Bake for 30-40 minutes until the filling is firm.
8. Cool completely on wire racks and serve with whipped cream.
Hi. wow great website and even better your goals and commitments.John
I just recently ordered seeds from you for our school garden in Oakland. The reached us so fast and we are very happy. The kids were especially happy about the free watermelon seeds. Thank you so much. When we need more seeds, we will definately...Ms. Sally
Congratulations on your recent organic certification! ! ! A feat well done. I do have a few photos from veggies I grew from your seeds I'll get to you. My digital camera link to computer made its way to my daughters house by accident. Once it's...Tina
I kept coming back to your website. I am so impressed not only with the wonderful information on your site, but your whole attitude about sustainability. (Especially when you included how you treat staff is part of it!) Everything you talk...Mary
The seeds arrived in Damascus Maryland this morning! Thanks so much for your prompt service and for helping my friend from Dakar Senegal receive them in time to return home on Friday. I am so happy to know of your company!John
Let me thank you and your team for this great customer service. I use to buy a lot, is my first time with your company and I believe you have a new loyal customer.Sara
Just wanted to say thank you for the free tomtato seeds! It was very kind and generous. I like many people these days am struggling, hoping that a backyard veggie garden will help out this year. Your free seeds are a very welcome gift. Just wanted...Deanna
Thanks .. great seeds last year close to 100% germination ratio.Charles
Thanks. The marigold seeds i brought from you last year did very well and there is another fact I wanted to share with you, which is that the Kamut wheat did very well in my poorish soil that i did not fertilize for it!Rose
You guys did such a wonderful job! I just wanted to say Thank You!Kim