Compost, Vermicompost and Compost Tea
Compost, Vermicompost, and Compost Tea
Feeding the Soil on the Organic Farm
Information on composting techniques, including:
- Principles and biology of composting.
- Temperature, aeration, and moisture control.
- Composting methods.
- Materials (additives and inoculants, biodynamic preparations).
- About costs (site preparation, equipment, labor and time).
- What do you do with it? And when is it finished?
- Compost tea and other brewed microbial cultures.
- Compost and the law.
With extended appendices including a recipe calculator, potting-mix recipes, and a sample compost production budget sheet
About the Author
Grace Gershuny, in addition to her position on the staff of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Organic Program, has worked for many years as an educator, organizer, and market gardener. She is nationally known in the alternative agriculture movement, is the author of Start With the Soil and co-author of The Rodale Book of Composting. She is on the faculties of the Institute for Social Ecology and Goddard College and lives in Barnet, Vermont.